I set myself some New Years Resolutions this year for the first time in a long time. It’s now the end of March, which means that a quarter of the year is gone (I know, I hate when people scare me with how fast time is passing too) and I thought I’d check in on how I’m doing with them.
1. Take swimming lessons – I’m still waiting on this one. Not to make excuses, but between starting a new job and all my other fitness obligations, I just haven’t had the time. I’m not giving this one up, I’m just pushing it back to May.
2. Sign up for a Learn to Run 5K – Again, there’s been no time. I’m thinking I might start the Couch to 5K instead, because I can do it anytime, rather than having to meet up with a group of people at an assigned time. Thoughts?
3. Run a 5K in May – DONE! And, two months early! I ran the Frosty 5K on Sunday March 8th and it was one of the proudest moments of my life. My Weight Watchers leader even submitted it to corporate head office as in inspirational story!
4. Ride My Bike – While it’s still too cold to really ride outside, I have invested in the padded shorts and have been taking spinning classes once a week for the last five weeks. It’s awesome! I leave the class exhausted and exhilarated. I’ve even gotten off the bike only to slip on MY OWN SWEAT that dripped off me onto the floor. Awesome.
5. Take Up Yoga or Pilates – I went recently (ok, today) to a new yoga studio that just opened in my town and will be signing up in a week or so. They have a great introductory offer of $30 for a month of unlimited classes and the girl at the desk was kind enough to recommend some good instructors/classes for beginners with all the flexibility and balance of a two-by-four.
6. Weight Training – this one is a massive FAIL! I still can’t motivate myself to do this. AT ALL. I’m thinking I might try to commit to Body Pump again, just because it’s scheduled and I can count on it every week. Sigh.
7. Run a Half-Triathlon – this one is more a long-term (ie: the end of the year) kind of goal. Since I’m still working on all the pieces that go into a triathlon, I feel that this one is well on its way to being a reality.
There you go! I’m really pleased with how my resolutions are coming along for the most part. How about you? Are you still going strong, or have you fallen off the wagon? And if you did fall off, how are you planning to get back on?